It’s National Nanny Recognition Week! This is a week created to thank all the nannies who spend their time taking care of youngsters that aren’t biologically their’s. It’s a great time to show your gratitude for your nanny – or manny! Below are a few simple ideas!
- Everyone’s favorite gift is money! A bonus would be a good way to surprise your nanny with a gift for all their hard work!
Maybe you could even present it with a hand-made thank you card from your kids!
- Another idea? Have your kids make a thank you craft for their nanny! This is a simple and sweet way to show gratitude! Use
fingerprints to make a heart, have your children sign it, and then add the date. Pop it in a photo frame and present it to your
- Gift cards are always appreciated! Buy one for their favorite restaurant, online store or most visited coffee spot. Place it in a
lovely card and leave it in an easy place for them to find!
- Why not give your nanny a day off with pay? You could present them with a certificate to a local spa, their favorite nail
place or the hair salon they frequent. Let them spend the day pampering themselves as a thank you for all their hard work.
- Plan a cookout in secret, and then invite your nanny without letting her know she is the guest of honor! Make her favorite
dishes or dessert, and have your kids sing her a silly made-up song about how much they appreciate her!
- Take your nanny’s name, and have your child list a positive quality for each letter. Use your computer to type it up nicely,
get your child to sign it and place it in a frame. When your nanny has had a hard day looking at all her positive qualities will
help improve her mood and make her feel loved!
- Does your nanny have a favorite chocolate bar? Make her a basket of chocolate using wooden skewers and her favorite
treats! Place it in her room or on a counter for her to easily find!
- Spend an afternoon with your kids making your nanny their favorite homemade cookies. Get a lovely tin or box, and wrap
the cookies in tissue paper. Buy her a nice latte or her favorite coffee drink to have with them for a special afternoon treat!
- Have a large bouquet of flowers delivered to her during working hours. Not only will it be a welcome surprise, but their
smile is sure to outshine the sun!
- Is there an upcoming event your nanny would love to attend? Maybe a concert, play or museum exhibit? Buy them a pair
of tickets (one for them and then another for a friend), and then give them the day off to enjoy themselves!
Do you have suggestions on how to thank your nanny? Comment below and tell us!
Really appreciate you sharing this blog. Much obliged. Erinna Thebault Buschi Charmain Craggie Trici